TSP DIY STARTER KIT
download the TSP DIY manual
THIS PAGE IS A LIVING DOCUMENT, CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY FOR UPDATES.
2021-09-03 9:05 AM PDT :: |the shop|, |social toolkit| Added
2021-09-02 9:59 PM PDT :: |using virtual baton app| updated, |upload link| added
2021-09-01 11:37 AM PDT :: |all runners call| video recording added
2021-08-29 8:37 AM PDT :: |using virtual baton app| added; |photo contest| updated
2021-08-29 8:37 AM PDT :: |comms archive updated|
2021-08-29 6:12 AM PDT :: |all runners call|, |kickoff show| updated; |photo contest| added
2021-08-23 4:33 AM PDT :: |comms archive| updated
2021-08-22 6:43 AM PDT :: |fueling corner| added, |TSP Fund| updated, |time trial| archived
2021-08-20 3:50 PM PDT :: |time trial| updated, |comms archive| updated
2021-08-18 2:38 PM PDT :: |time trial| updated, |kickoff show| updated
2021-08-13 1:13 PM PDT :: this page is a living document, check back frequently for updates
2021-08-13 1:12 PM PDT :: /starterkit live
- Show up strong on the leaderboard or come through with the stories to make it into the broadcast.
- Upload your photos, videos, best and worst stories.
- IG Story and post wallpapers/backgrounds. Use liberally.
THE TSP DIY SHOP
- New and limited TSP items, an expanded Signature Series, and TSP DIY DIY’d specials. The shop is open until the end of TSP DIY only.
ALL RUNNERS CALL
- Mandatory all-runners call and Q&A streamed on Wednesday, September 1st at 8AM PT.
USING VIRTUAL BATON APP
- Test your connection before the race (updated)
- Get Familiar with How Auto Baton Works
- Make sure that your team understands how auto baton works by reading this guide.
- NOTE: Overlapping runners, or runners who record their warm-ups and cool downs during TSP DIY may unintentionally cut another runners' leg short, or start scoring distance for the team when they don't want to. Organize, strategize, and run relay-style.
- Sync your data and allow time for it to upload
- Throughout the race, it may take a bit of time for your run to appear in your team total after you upload it to Garmin Connect or MapMyRun. If after 30 minutes you still do not see your run data appear on your team total, send a message to Virtual Baton App support through the app or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As long as your runs are uploaded to the Garmin or MapMyRun account that is connected to your Virtual Baton App account, your data can be retroactively retrieved.
- Don't stop running (obviously)
- If you or your team encounters any sort of issue during the race, notify Virtual Baton App, then continue running and logging distance. Again: as long as runs are uploaded to the Garmin or MapMyRun account that is connected to your Virtual Baton App account, your data can be retroactively retrieved.
- Notify Virtual Baton App ASAP with any issues
- Don't wait to message support with questions. Virtual Baton App is standing by for support throughout the race.
- Team Questify pages are now live. Rally your people, spread the word, raise some funds and awareness for things that matter.
THE (STILL) NO NAME PHOTO CONTEST
The (STILL) NO NAME Photo Contest, presented by Make Running and Leica, is back. And, somehow, better. Our radically inclusive call for submissions again invites photographers - from anywhere - to submit photos taken during TSP DIY that capture the idea of NO SPECTATORS. Photographers can be located anywhere, with or without proximity to TSP DIY athletes. There is no fee to submit. Just show us what it looks like to not be a spectator:
"This looks like action. It feels like community. It shows up in vast landscapes and close-ups of emotion. It’s a struggle, a journey, a celebration."
We’re honored to have an exquisite jury to select this year's winning images:
_ @chrisburkard - Explorer, Photographer, and Creative Director
_ @sydney.a.foster - Photographer and Director
_ @woodiewhite - Creative Director @oysterholdings
_ @jayrellis - Actor, Director, and Photographer
_ Inas Fayed - Editor-in-Chief LFI Magazine @leica_fotografie_international
One last detail: grand prize is a trip to LA to attend and photograph TSP LALV in 2022, including a full-package gear rental from Leica.
Registration is now open. Submission window open from September 4th-10th.
TEAM INTRO VIDEO AND STORYTELLING
- Upload here
- items to upload:
- Team intro video
- Time trial strategy video
- Time trial team photo
- Team group shot (before)
- Team group shot (after)
- Drone shot of runner
- Wide drain shot of environment
- Runner with landmark
- Sunset shot
- Sunrise shot
- Shot in the dark
- Tour/Overview of route
- Discussion of strategy
- Any and all roadkills
Please refer to Manual for best practices on filming your team's videos.
TSP DIY PLAYLIST
COMMS AND TRAINING ARCHIVE
- Training provided by GURU Running. All TSP DIY athletes have access to GURU's daily Run Flow training, coaching, and other resources.
- On The Hour, Every Hour™️ leaderboard updates on IG Live will remain a core part of the TSP experience, BUT the broadcast at tspdiy.com will cover every second of the event.
- The livestream broadcast will include up-to-the-minute race and TSP Fund updates, interviews with runners and special guests, look-ins with teams around the world, and too much more. We go live before the Start.
THE TSP SHOP
| ARCHIVE |
> Saturday, August 21, 2021 (12:00 AM PDT - 6:00 PM PDT)
- Mandatory for all teams
- not mandatory for all runners
- Establish your seed
- Kickoff of team introductions and TSP DIY storytelling
- Each team to submit a total of 1 hour (60 minutes) of qualifying runs via Virtual Baton App.
- Your team's hour must begin and end between 12:00AM PDT - 6:00PM PDT on Saturday, August 21, 2021
- Any combination of runners on team may participate
- Once your first runner begins, your team has 60 minutes to run and add distance, relay-style
- Time will be ticking
- Test out your strategy and relay handoff coordination
- Document and share your team's experience, upload here.
- NOTE: After your 60 minutes elapses, additional segments uploaded by runners on your team will appear in Virtual Baton App but will not be included in your Time Trial total.
- Watch a video of the Time Trial instructions.
- Download the latest version of Virtual Baton App.
- See how the auto-baton feature works in the app.